Let’s talk Botox™!
Botox™ is arguably the most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedure, with millions of people receiving the treatment yearly. Besides reducing the appearance of facial wrinkles, Botox™ has a variety of other uses – both cosmetic and medical.
Keep reading to get all the info on Botox and see if this highly sought-after procedure is right for you!
What is Botox™?
Botox Cosmetic™ is an FDA-approved injectable made up of a form of botulinum toxin that temporarily relaxes muscles, specifically in areas of the face. Botox™ is used for many different reasons, but some of the most popular cosmetic uses of Botox™ include:
- Softening and smoothing lip lines
- Reducing the appearance of forehead lines
- Smoothing crow’s feet lines
- Improving the appearance of frown lines or “11” lines
- LIfting the brows with a non-surgical brow lift
- Achieving the appearance of fuller lips with a lip flip
Aside from cosmetic uses, Botox™ lends itself well to a variety of medical uses too:
- Treating and preventing chronic migraines
- Stopping excessive sweating, also known as hyperhidrosis
- Treating neck spasms and other muscle spasms
- Managing urinary incontinence
- Treating chronic eyelid twitching
What Happens During a Botox™ Treatment?
Botox™ sessions are quick and easy, making it a popular choice for those on the go! The procedure itself takes 10-15 minutes, which takes place after an extensive initial consultation.
Here’s what you can expect during your appointment:
- First, your provider will conduct an initial consultation to better understand your treatment goals.
- Your provider may mark the injection areas with a pen and take photos so you can compare your results afterward.
- After cleansing the treatment area(s), your provider will inject the right amount of botulinum toxin. The injection itself is typically described as mildly uncomfortable, but not painful.
- Following treatment, you may be given an ice pack to help prevent any bruising or swelling in the area (but this subsides not long afterwards).
- If swelling or bruising does occur, makeup can be safely worn after 24 hours have passed.
And that’s it! It is possible to see immediate results, but the full benefits are more noticeable in the following days.
In general, Botox™ lasts 3-4 months, but this can vary per person. We recommend staying consistent with your follow-up appointments to maintain your desired results.
Botox™ At Aging Young Aesthetics
As with any procedure, it’s important to choose a trusted provider with the right expertise. Aging Young Aesthetics has both the proper training and experience to administer Botox™ treatments for both cosmetic and off-label use.
At your initial appointment, our providers will take the time to get to know your medical history and concerns, so that they can better understand your aesthetic goals and help you decide if Botox™ is the best treatment option.
Many clients also opt for multiple treatments in one visit to maximize their results. Our Duluth, MN clinic offers a variety of other medical aesthetic services including dermal fillers, microneedling, and laser therapy (just to name a few!).
Interested in Aging Young?
Contact us today to learn more about the many services we offer!